Monday, February 23, 2009

Behind the uniform...

Several years ago, I remember, he is one of the most admired junior officers, especially girls. He was the epitome of a true gentleman, friendly and oozing with sex appeal. I had the unexpected chance of meeting him again a few days back, and nothing has changed-except the stars added on his shoulders. PNP Chief Jess Versoza remained the police officer I highly admire and salute.
Behind the uniform remains a good-mannered man, and still with so much stories to tell. Yet of all his many words, there is one thought he shared that I was most touched : " There are some things we must correct and there are some things we're doing that we must perfect".
We do so many things every day, but sometimes because the number of things we do, we often neglect the value of what we are doing. More often than not, we tend to finish one task just for the sake of completion. We hardly have the chance to ask ourselves, " have I given my best on it?"
We meet different people everyday but we hardly even notice them. We do not even know why our paths crossed anyway. We tend to forget so many important things, simply because we do not live life - we simply exist in this world. We forget to give importance to the little things which are the keys to reaching bigger goals, greater dreams.
We sometimes treat people as mere post-it notes - whom we remember only when needed. After they have served their purpose for us, we readily crumple and throw them to the trash box, soon, totally forgotten.
The General's message is simple but often neglected and I thank the Lord for having our paths cross again, for he has reminded me to give importance to anything I do, which I often forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment